MS. COLELLA'S ELA CLASS
Truth Issue Research
1. Make sure you completed the Topic for Investigation (half sheet). You must have a ZOOMED in topic (a specific topic) to research. SEE BELOW FOR A COPY.
2. Go to the portaportal.com
3. The password is: truthorconsequences
3. Complete the Test Before You Trust--Website validity checklist.
4. Begin your research by taking notes on the Research Note Catcher. Complete all columns. Keep track of websites, authors (if available) and dates of published pages. ALWAYS MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT THE NOTES YOU TAKE!
The Giver chapters 6-10 due:
Wednesday for sequences 5 and 3
Thursday for sequence 2
Friday for sequence 1
MAKE SURE YOU SELF-ASSESS and hand it in with the rubric.
See below for documents you might need:
It's time to decide! By the end of the week, you will need to know the specific topic you would like to explore for the remainder of the Truth or Consequences expedition. This is your final product focus (poster/political cartoon). See the attached file for planning your truth topic and ZOOMING in on it:
Holocaust and Human Rights Center of Maine---Augusta visit:
Monday, November 13, 2017
Depart King after homeroom
Arrive King 2:15 for dismissal
Permission slips for Monday, November 13 due THIS THURSDAY!
The Giver Chapters 1-5 Due!
Short Answer Responses due at the end of class on Friday
for SEQUENCES 2 and 3.
Short Answer Responses due at the end of class on Monday
for SEQUENCES 1 and 5.
See example SHORT ANSWER RESPONSE BELOW:
See the RUBRIC and QUESTIONS below:
Please take the School Life Survey above during crew.
Burger King Video: